If you enjoy paintball, then OSG Paintball in Barnstead, New Hampshire might be the perfect venue for you. Hailed as one of the best places to play paintball in all of New England, they feature over 35 acres divided into nine fields for play. They also have the largest mock castle in New England and a full size, three-tiered pirate ship! They promise to offer the best service, experienced staff and diverse terrain around.
What are the separate fields?
OSG Paintball features nine separate fields to engage in paintball combat.
- Tombstone Western Town: Two-story hotel and church, 40 buildings, modeled after Tombstone, Arizona,
- Urban Town: 2 acres, 3 cars, two acre urban town has a maze of 20 large multi-stage buildings, cars, gas pumps, and is home to a famous Urban re-spawn games.
- Empire Castle: 25,000 square feet, 1/8th mile of 2nd story walkways, This field features second-story walkways, six ways in, five stairways, an underground passage way, and a small town within
- Halo Village: based off HALO game series, replica Scorpion Tank, with steep ledge-filled hills and deep gullies connected by long two-story ramps
- Pirate Cove: 6 separate boats, full-sized tri-mast ship and one lighthouse, Boats, crates, a lighthouse, buildings, and paintball pirates attempt to thwart your chances of victory. Grab the buoy and bring it back to base to secure the win.
- Sherwood Forest: features hills, plateaus and mini-cliffs all through a wooded area
- Fire Base Kilo: large Vietnam era bunker with giant trees, it is a tribute to the OSG mascot, the owner’s first dog, Kimba (1/1/99-4/29/11).
- Hamburger Hill: this features the steepest terrain out of all of the fields with bunkers, bridges, sandbags and barrels
- James Woods: smallest field, great for intense close play in the woods
Do I need to bring my own supplies?
You can either bring your own supplies or rent them. Rental packages start at $15.00 for a half day and $25.00 for a full day. You can also choose gear upgrades at your own discretion. They also offer paint and air fills. One bag of 100 rounds costs $5.00. Prices steadily increase and cap off at 2,000 rounds for $70.00. Air fills range between $1.50 and $10.00 for an all-day refill rate. Full day schedules run from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Half days are either 9:30-12:30 p.m. or 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Groups of twenty or more receive greater discounts. For a comprehensive list of gear and pricing, click here. Also if you are looking to buy your own gear ahead of time, these links will guide you: Guides and Outfittersand Gear Shop.
Is there an age requirement?
Yes. All participants must be at least ten years of age.
Are there any special events?
Yes there are, although themes are subject to change. Here is a short list of the major events planned for this year:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts: May 10th
- Operation Overlord: July 20th
- End of Days: August 16th
- The Walking Dead: September 28th