Home | Attractions | Beaches | Biking | Birds | Boating | Book Store | Bridges | Camping | Clubs | Events | Fairs | Farms | Fishing | Gardening | Gear | Golfing | Guides | Hiking | Horses | Hunting | Links | Lodging | Maps | News | Outdoor Safety | Seasons | Skateboarding | Skiing | State Parks | Vacations | Waterfalls | Weather
NH Covered Bridges
Albany Constructed in 1864 - Located on Route 119 in the Upper Village of Ashuelot on Bolton Road over the Ashuelot River in the Town of Winchester. Most prestigious Covered Bridge.
Cilleyville Constructed in 1887 - Located at junction of N.H. Route 11 and NH Route 4A in Andover spanning Pleasant Brook. It was originally known as Bog Bridge.
Keniston Constructed in 1882 - Located Route 4, one mile west of Andover Village on Lorden Road over the Blackwater River in Andover.
Squam River Constructed in 1990 - Located on River Street spanning the Squam River as it flows from the Little Squam Lake in Ashland.
Bartlett Constructed in 1851 - Located west of U.S. Route 302, four and one-half miles east of Bartlett Village over the Saco River.
Bath-Haverhill Constructed in 1829 - Located one-quarter mile north of U.S. Route 302 in Woodsville Village on N.H. Route 135 over the Ammonoosuc River. Oldest covered bridge still in use in New Hampshire
Bath Constructed in 1832 - Located Route 302 on Pettyboro Road in Bath over the Ammonoosuc River.
Swiftwater Constructed 1849 - Located Route 112 on Valley Road in Bath over the Wild Ammonoosuc River.
Bement Constructed in 1854 - Located one quarter mile north of the intersection of N.H. Routes 103 and 114 on the Bradford Center Road in Bradford. The bridge spans the west branch of the Warner River.
Blair Constructed in 1869 - Located Route
3, two miles north of Livermore Falls on Blair Road in Campton spanning
the Pemigewasset River.
Turkey Jim's Constructed in 1958 - Located over the West Branch Brook in Campton on Old Stephans Road. The bridge can be reached by driving into the campground just east of U.S. Route 3 and north of N.H. Route 49.
Columbia Constructed in 1832 - Located west of U.S. Route 302 on Pettyboro Road in Bath over the Ammonoosuc River.
Saco River Constructed in 1890 - Located one-quarter mile north of N.H. Route 16 on N.H. Route 153 in Conway Village. The bridge spans the Saco River.
Swift River Constructed in 1849 - Located north of N.H. Route 112 on Valley Road in Bath over the Wild Ammonoosuc River.
Blacksmith Shop Constructed in 1881 - Located two miles east of N.H. Route 12A on Town House Road in Cornish over Mill Brook.
Blow-Me-Down Constructed in 1877 - Located south of N.H. Route 12A, one and one-half miles southwest of Plainfield Village on Mill Road in "Squag City" in Cornish. The bridge spans a deep gorge on the Blow-Me-Down Brook.
Cornish NH -Windsor VT Constructed in 1866 - Located west of N.H. Route 12A, five miles south of Plainfield Village on Cornish Toll Bridge Road. This bridge spans the Connecticut River connecting the towns of Cornish N.H. and Windsor, Vt. Longest covered bridge (wooden) in the United States and the longest two-span covered bridge in the world.
Sulphite Constructed in 1896 - Located one-half mile east of Franklin Falls and south of U.S. Route 3 over the Winnipesaukee River on the Boston and Maine Railroad line.
(Hancock and Greenfield)
Henniker Constructed in 1972 - Located Route 9 in Henniker Village spanning the Contoocook River.
Railroad Constructed in 1849 - Located on Route 103 in Contoocook Village on the old Concord and Claremont Railroad line spanning the Contoocook River.
Rowell's Constructed in 1853 - Located Route 127 on Clement Hill Road over the Contoocook River in West Hopkinton.
Mt.Orne Constructed in 1911 - Located Route 135 on South Lancaster Road west of Lancaster Village spanning the Connecticut River between Lancaster, N.H. and Lunenburg, Vt.
McDermott Constructed in 1869 - Located north of N.H. Route 123A, two miles north of Alstead Village in Langdon. It's stated that this bridge is the oldest covered bridge standing in the United States.
Prentiss Constructed in 1791 - Located One-half mile south of N.H. Route 12A on Old Cheshire Turnpike over Great Brook in Langdon. Smallest covered bridge in New Hampshire.
Packard Hill Constructed in 1991 - Located on Riverside Drive spanning the Mascoma River in Lebanon.
Flume Constructed in 1871 - Located east of U.S. Route 3 in Lincoln over the Pemigewasset River at the junction of N.H. Route 175 and U.S. Route 3.
Pine Constructed in 1939 - Located east of U.S. Route 3 over
the Flume Gorge at the pool in Lincoln.
Edgell Constructed in 1885 - Located one mile south of N.H. Route 10, two miles south of Orford Village on River Road in Lyme. The structure spans Clay Brook.
Pier Constructed in 1907 - Located east of Chandler Station and west of N.H. Route 103 on the Concord and Claremont Railroad line in Newport spanning the Sugar River.
Wright's Constructed in 1906 - Located two miles south of N.H. Route 103 and one-half mile west of Chandler Station on the Concord and Claremont Railroad line in Newport spanning the Sugar River.
Groveton Constructed in 1852 - Located east of U.S. Route 3 in the village of Groveton over the Ammonoosue River.
Clark's Constructed in 1904 - Located east of U.S. Route 3 in Clark's Trading Post on Clark's Short Steam Railroad in North Woodstock. The bridge spans the Pemigewasset River.
Whittier Constructed in 1870 - Located west of N.H. Route 16 at West Ossipee Village on old N.H. Route 125 over the Bearcamp River.
Happy Corner Constructed 1800's - Located six miles north of Pittsburg Village on Hill Road over Perry Stream.
Pittsburg-Clarksville Constructed in 1876 - Located south of U.S. Route 3, west of Pittsburg Village on Bacon Road over the Connecticut River connecting the towns of Pittsburg and Clarksville.
River Road Constructed in 1858 - Located 7 miles north of Pittsburg Village and one mile east of U.S. Route 3 on the road to Lake Francis State Park.
Meriden Constructed in 1880 - Located 1 mile northwest of N.H. Route 120 in Meriden Village on Colby Hill Road spanning Blood Brook in the town of Plainfield.
Smith Constructed in 1850 - Located 1/2 mile north of N.H. Route 3A., two and one-half miles west of Plymouth Village on Smith Bridge Road over the Baker River.
Durgin Constructed in 1869 - Located 1 1/2 miles north of N.H. Route 113, two miles east of North Sandwich Village on Durgin Road spanning the Cold River.
Stark Constructed in 1862 - Located northwest of Rte. 110 on North Road in Stark Village over the Upper Ammonoosuc River.
Carleton Constructed in 1789 - Located east of N.H. Route 32 on Carleton Road, one-half mile south of Swanzey Village spanning the South Branch Ashuelot River in Swanzey.
Sawyers Crossing Constructed in 1859 - Located 1 mile north of N.H. Route 32 near the site of an old Indian community on Sawyer's Crossing Road in Swanzey.
Slate Constructed in 1862 - Located east of N.H.Route 10 on Westport Village Road near Westport Village over the Ashuelot River in Swanzey
West Swanzey Constructed in 1832 - Located east of N.H. Route 10 on Main Street over the Ashuelot River in West Swanzey.
Dalton Constructed in 1853 - Located Route 103 on Joppa Road spanning the Warner river in Warner.
Ashuelot Constructed in 1864 - Located Route 119 in the Upper Village of Ashuelot on Bolton Road over the Ashuelot River in the Town of Winchester.
Our Resources page may have the answer for you!
Send us an
Copyright© 2011, NH Outdoors, PO Box 611, Londonderry, NH 03053